Severity level indicates the relative impact of an issue on our customer’s systems or business processes. Parallels support uses the following severity level definitions to classify all support requests:
- Severity 1 (Urgent):
- A crucial managed service (web, mail, DNS, database server, etc.) is down/not functioning and producing errors.
- A revenue-gathering service (Customer and Business Manager) is not functioning. Provisioning, billing and/or online store is not functioning.
Note #1: The issue affects a significant number of end-users. No workaround or immediate solution is available. Once a workaround is made available, the issue becomes Severity 3 (Normal).
Note #2: For Severity 1 and 2 cases it is required to specify a contact phone number on the web form and make sure you can answer it right away in order to work on the issue on an ongoing basis. If you are unreachable over the phone, Severity can be reduced to 3 (Normal) by the decision of a Support team leader or account manager.
- Severity 2 (High):
- A managed service is not functioning for a notable number of accounts.
- Control panel is inaccessible, however managed services are unaffected.
- A customer is unable to use an entire component or business-critical feature as described in the documentation and the issue affects a significant number of users.
- Significant performance degradation of the control panel or managed service or Customer and Business Manager online store, that causes high impact on business operations for a significant number of customers.
Note #1: The issue should be reproducible at the moment of ticket creation, so investigation can be performed right after the issue is reported.
- Severity 3 (Normal):
- A customer is able to use the software; however, there is a non-critical loss of functionality.
- Issue affects some, but not all of the users (inability to manage a single account, domain, database or mail account, provisioning of a particular subscriptions fails, or an order or task failing to complete).
- Functionality of some of the components and/or managed services is impaired, but allows the users to continue using the software.
- Installation/upgrade, backup/restore or migration functionality is not functioning, either partially or in full, managed services and components are functional.
- Severity 4 (Minor):
- A minor cosmetic issues or general usage questions.
- Enhancement requests or recommendation for a future product improvement.
- Missing or erroneous documentation reports.
- Parallels Plesk Panel
- Customer and Business Manager / Parallels Plesk Billing
- Parallels Web Presence Builder / Parallels Sitebuilder