New Features Include a New Interface, Application Vault, Anti-Spam, Firewall, Plesk Anti-Virus Powered by Dr. Web® and Broad Support of Microsoft Technologies
Herndon, VA — July 26, 2004 – Supporting the growing demand for Windows hosting worldwide, SWsoft, the established leader in hosting automation and server virtualization software, today announced the full production release of Plesk 7 for Windows. Plesk 7 for Windows is a major new release of the award-winning Plesk control panel and incorporates feedback from thousands of customers, partners and Beta testers worldwide.
“SWsoft has created positive momentum for Windows hosting with Plesk for Windows and other automation solutions for hosting providers,” said Eric Feagler, lead product manager, Microsoft Corporation. “We are excited that Plesk 7 for Windows will add yet another spark for Web hosting providers enabling them to upgrade their existing Windows hosting services or introduce new hosting packages on the Windows platform.”
According to a recent Netcraft Web Server Survey, 2.1 million hostnames were running on Windows 2003, with a gain of 390K hostnames in the previous month.
"We have continued to see significant growth in demand for our Windows hosting products and find that the security, stability and ease-of-use of Plesk brings real value as a control panel solution," says Robb Allen, CEO of DataPipe. "After participating in beta testing, we found that Plesk 7 for Windows has many rich features such as complete integration with Windows technologies, AutoUpdater, Trouble Ticketing, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam and other valuable features not offered by other control panels."
Windows Hosting Made Profitable and Easy with Plesk 7 for Windows
Plesk 7 for Windows includes several new innovative features as well as the ease-of-use that professional hosting service providers have come to expect from SWsoft. The product offers the same proven functionality of Plesk for Linux/UNIX and includes additional features exclusive to the Windows version. Wrapped in an XP-like interface that is both familiar and comfortable to users, Plesk 7 for Windows is fully customizable and installs all applications necessary for offering and managing virtually any hosting service.
Plesk 7 for Windows enhancements includes:
- All Linux Features and More - Familiar Linux features including Application Vault, Anti-Spam, Trouble Ticketing, Site Builder, osCommerce, ColdFusion, Private Folder, and @Domain.
- Stability and Security - Built for stability with the Windows platform and with a native IIS6 security model so each site is confined to its own application pool.
- Native Windows Support - Full support of Microsoft Technologies with IIS6 in worker process isolation mode, separate application pools for each site, improved security, full support for ASP.NET application deployment.
- Exclusive in Windows - Anti-Virus Integration, Firewall Management, MS-SQL Web Management, Auto Plesk Update, QoS Management, Back-up Creation and File System Isolation.
- For the Non-Professional Hoster - One-stop server management that includes: Mail Management, Back-up, Application Vault, Site Builder Tools, Anti-Spam Integration, MS-SQL Web Interface, ColdFusion, and more.
“Hosting service providers have called out for a unified control panel that spans both Linux/Unix and Windows platforms,” Kurt Daniel, director of marketing, SWsoft. “For the first time, providers have a complete solution with native Microsoft integration that focuses on security, stability, scalability, provides one-stop server management and a clearer path to offering and growing Windows hosting.”
Availability and Download Site
Plesk 7 for Windows is currently available to purchase or lease at www.sw-soft.com/en/products/plesk7win/.
SWsoft is the recognized leader in automation and server virtualization software for hosting service companies, communications providers, and enterprises. The company powers more than 50,000 servers for customers in over 100 countries. SWsoft's products deliver industry-leading performance, stability and manageability for its customers to increase utilization of their limited IT resources. Headquartered in Herndon, VA, with offices around the world; SWsoft is a privately held, profitable company, offering comprehensive solutions including: Plesk, Virtuozzo, PEM, HSPcomplete, and Confixx. For more information about SWsoft, visit www.sw-soft.com.