SWsoft Announces Public Availability of Plesk Expand
Hosting Providers Can Now Centrally Manage Multiple Plesk 7 Linux, FreeBSD & Windows Servers; Web-based Auto Install Provides Instant Implementation of Centralized Plesk 7 Infrastructure
Herndon, VA — July 6, 2004 – Today, SWsoft, the established leader in hosting automation and server virtualization software, announced the end of beta testing program and the general availability of Plesk Expand. Plesk Expand is a powerful add-on to Plesk 7 that offers hosting providers centralized management of their expanding multi-server Plesk environments. Customers can immediately purchase and download Plesk Expand at http://www.sw-soft.com/en/products/plesk/expand/.
"Over the past several years, we have established a significant partnership with SWsoft, and their solid track record of delivering cutting edge solutions continues," said Robert Marsh, CEO, EV1Servers. "The team at SWsoft has exceeded our expectations again with Plesk Expand by delivering a robust multi-server management solution that is easy-to-use and dramatically simplifies the mass management of existing Plesk 7 servers."
“Fulfilling a promise to our customers to make their mass hosting businesses more automated, efficient and profitable, Plesk Expand delivers the most feature rich centralized management solution validated by real world customers,” said Kurt Daniel, director of marketing, SWsoft. “In addition to centralized management of multiple Plesk servers, Plesk Expand includes fully distributed Mail, DNS, and database functionality as well as support for clustered environments, update management, centralized back-up, and a host of other features.”
Tested and Proven Cross Platform Support, Web-Based Installation, and Other Features
For the first time, Plesk Expand combines multiple Plesk 7 servers into an integrated hosting environment. Plesk 7 and the upcoming Plesk 7 Reloaded are the latest releases of SWsoft’s professional hosting control panel software. Plesk 7 Reloaded will ship with Plesk AntiVirus by Dr. Web®, tighter integration with Virtuozzo, a new cleaner and easier-to-use interface, a migration manager, a web-based website editor and more for a total of more than 50 valuable features.
Plesk Expand will give hosting professionals the ability to centrally manage Windows, FreeBSD, and Linux-based Plesk 7 servers. In addition, Plesk Expand offers a Web-based auto install, enabling hosting providers instant implementation of a centralized infrastructure based on their existing Plesk 7 servers.
Plesk Expand includes the following key features:
- Centralized Client Management: Add clients to multiple Plesk servers regardless of platform, change their status and configure a client’s settings such as limits and permissions.
- Centralized Domain Management: Manage any customer’s domains, create new domains, activate/deactivate a domain or a group of domains, and configure domain limits, permissions and DNS settings.
- Centralized Login for All Customers: Leverage a single login place for all clients, domain owners and mailbox owners across Plesk servers.
- Full XML API: Easily integrate Plesk Expand with the rest of the infrastructure, such as a billing system through the open XML API.
- Centralized IP Management: Manage IP pools and allocate ranges of IP addresses to a specific Plesk server, a specific Plesk client, and/or a specific Plesk managed domain. IP addresses can be allocated either automatically or manually.
- Centralized DNS Management: Control DNS records of all customers’ domains from a single point.
- Centralized Server Management: Easily monitor server resources, manage services, and control server settings.
SWsoft is the recognized leader in automation and server virtualization software for hosting service companies, communications providers, and enterprises. The company powers more than 50,000 servers for customers in over 100 countries. SWsoft's products deliver industry-leading performance, stability and manageability for its customers to increase utilization of their limited IT resources. Headquartered in Herndon, VA, with offices around the world; SWsoft is a privately held, profitable company, offering comprehensive solutions including: Plesk, Virtuozzo, PEM, HSPcomplete, and Confixx. For more information about SWsoft, visit www.sw-soft.com.