Fastest Growing Hosting Segment Will Leverage
Industry's Most Stable, Feature-Rich, and Easy-to-Use Control Panel
Herndon, VA - June 3, 2004 - SWsoft, the established leader in hosting automation and server virtualization software, today announced the public availability of Plesk 7 for Windows beta 2 control panel. Customers can immediately download Plesk for Windows Beta at http://www.sw-soft.com/en/products/plesk7win/beta/. The final release of the product is expected to be available in July 2004.
"Windows hosting is one of the most significant growth opportunities in our industry," said Serguei Beloussov, CEO, SWsoft. "To support this, Plesk for Windows fully leverages Microsoft's Windows Server guidelines, and enables 100 percent native Windows hosting utilizing the same and very familiar Plesk 7 interface."
According to Netcraft, over 1.25M hostnames are running on Windows 2003, a 283 percent increase from August 2003 to February 2004.
"Plesk 7 for Windows has been developed in response to broad customer feedback, and this release offers what our customers expect from us-- features, stability, security and scalability that are extremely valuable for professional hosting providers," said Kurt Daniel, director of marketing, SWsoft. "In addition, what we found is that a large percentage of Windows servers are used by end-customers. Plesk 7 for Windows provides a single, complete and simple browser based management interface for a commercial customer who uses the Windows server for their own solution."
Controlling Windows Server Management with Plesk 7
Plesk 7 for Windows includes a vast upgrade in features and ease-of-use that professional hosting service providers worldwide have come to expect. Wrapped in the XP-like interface that is both familiar and comfortable to users, Plesk for Windows installs all applications necessary for managing virtually any services offered. This product offers features exclusive to the Windows version and is fully customizable, and has all the award-winning functionality of Plesk for Linux control panel.
Plesk 7 for Windows enhancements includes:
- All Linux Features and More - Familiar Linux features including: Application Vault, Anti-Spam, Trouble Ticketing, Site Builder, osCommerce, ColdFusion, Private Folder, and @Domain.
- Stability and Security - Built for stability with the Windows platform and with a native IIS6 security model so each site is confined to its own application pool.
- Native Windows Support - Full support of Microsoft Technologies: IIS6 in worker process isolation mode, separate application pools for each site, improved security, full support for ASP.NET application deployment.
- Exclusive in Windows - Anti-Virus Integration, Firewall Management, MS-SQL Web Management, Auto Plesk Update, QoS Management, Back-up Creation and File System Isolation.
- For Non-Professional Hoster - One-stop server management that includes: Mail Management, Back-up, Application Vault, Site Builder Tools, Anti-Spam Integration, MS-SQL Web Interface, ColdFusion, and more.
Availability and Download Site
To participate in SWsoft's beta testing program visit http://www.sw-soft.com/en/products/plesk7win/beta/. Once the beta is downloaded, users can send an e-mail to Pleskwinemail@example.com to receive a test license key.
SWsoft is the recognized leader in automation and server virtualization software for hosting service companies, communications providers, and enterprises. The company powers more than 50,000 servers for customers in over 100 countries. SWsoft's products deliver industry-leading performance, stability and manageability for its customers to increase utilization of their limited IT resources. Headquartered in Herndon, VA, with offices around the world; SWsoft is a privately held, profitable company, offering comprehensive solutions including: Plesk, Virtuozzo, PEM, HSPcomplete, and Confixx. For more information about SWsoft, visit www.sw-soft.com.